Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cutest Circus Outfit

So we went to the circus a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. We had VIP seats and I do believe we will get those seats from now on. It was in the perfect location. Of course I had to make my daughter a custom outfit to wear. She got a lot of attention with that cute little outfit on. I have to say so myself that she did have the cutest outfit on that day. Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law for the animal fabric. She bought one yard on sale last year. It was a discontinued fabric so they no longer make it. It's a shame because everyone seems to love it and I keep getting asked where I got it.
I decided to make a knot dress top and double ruffle pants w/ matching pigtail bows. Turned out so cute. My favorite outfit so far and this is only my 4th i've made. And yes I used every bit of the animal fabric that I had to make this outfit. I got lucky that I had just enough. I do have a little scrap piece left, but going to save that piece to make my unborn son a tie onesie to match his sister's outfit so they will match when we take them to the zoo this summer. :)



















3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit and if you want to make more like it a lady on etsy has some more

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/66252219/1-yard-kelly-rightsell-jungle-parade

    Wanted to tell you before posting it on facebook It's so dang cute it will be good in your shop.. Good Luck Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I found it last night too. I was just about to write you on facebook, but seen this message. I searched and searched because I had no idea what it was called or who made it. The shop owner wrote me back this morning and said she had about 9 yards. I probably will get some. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, not 9 yards. (That was some different fabric I was looking at.) She just said she had more than 5 yards. So really don't know how much she has.

    ReplyDelete