Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ladybug Valentine Dress

Here is my 5th outfit. My daughter's valentine dress. It's a peasant twirl dress w/ belt and pigtail hair bows. It turned out cute, but seems like this was my most challenging dress by far. I think this pattern just doesn't like me. Gonna have to work on it a little bit. Was suppose to add an apron, but I just decided I wanted to have a bow in front instead. This will be my last outfit I make w/out a serger. Finally got my serger earlier this week so I will for sure be using it on every outfit from here on. Yay! I'm so excited. :)




2 comments:

  1. what pattern did you use? What was hard about making the dress? I'm looking for an EASY pattern because I'm new to sewing. Your dress is very cute. So is the model. Happy Valentine day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the apron twirl peasant dress by Whimsy Couture. She has great patterns. Instead of the apron I just added a belt to change things up a bit. I just started sewing and this is only my 5th outfit. I'm teaching myself to sew, so I probably don't know exactly what i'm doing anyways. Lol. My main problem was that nothing was lining up right. I had to keep trying to re-adjust my seams. The apron knot dress from Little Lizard King was my first dress and it turned out great. It's pretty easy to follow. You can find Whimsy Couture and Little Lizard King on my blog list. They both sale PDF pattern on etsy.

    ReplyDelete